Massage & Reflexology
Why Massage or Reflexology?
Think of a massage as a way to pamper ourselves, but it's much more than a momentary feel-good treatment. Massage and Reflexology are both the oldest therapies known to man, as far back as 3,000 BC. The ancient Greeks and Romans used massage to preserve health and aid healing.
Both refelxology and massage have many important health benefits. In fact, either treatment can help you mmaintain your physical, mental and emotional well-being, especially when it is a part of your regular wellness routine.
Massage is used to relax the body and mind and relieve the stresses and strains of everyday life.
Many modern health problems we suffer from can be directly linked back to high stress levels. Touch stimulates the brain to produce endorphins. However a massage is far more than just a treatment that makes us feel good.
Recent studies show that massage enhances:
- The blood circulation and immune system
- Lowers the level of our stress hormones
- Stimulates metabolism and also
- Relieves tense muscles and muscle pain
- Promotes mental and physical relaxation
Therefore: People who have regular massages are physically and mentally healthier and therefore less likely to be ill.
So, everyone can benefit from a massage?
Everybody can benefit from a massage, however if you suffer from certain conditions or you have any of the following symptoms please follow this advice -
- If you have a fever, thrombosis, flue or a severe cold it is best not to have a massage, because of the influence on the metabolism and the stimulation of the blood circulation.
If you have other physical symptoms, please tell me in the consultation and I will see what is possible.
Massage is an effective way to promote both mental and physical health. Take control of your health and don’t wait for stress to set in or any illness or injuries to take hold!
Some useful tips -
- Please bring 1 beach towel & 2 normal size towels with you
- Don't eat before your massage if possible
- Stay hydrated by drinking water before and after your massage
Please call, or use the contact form for more information or to make an appointment